The Thomas Harris International Piano Foundation in Association with the Beethoven Piano Society of Europe
‘The Steps’, Rye, East Sussex
23 to 28 July 2018
Masterclasses and workshops on Beethoven’s oeuvre, both piano solo and chamber music with piano. The course fee includes daily lessons, full board accommodation and participation in a final students’ concert. See full details below.
Masterclasses lead by Professor Alberto Portugheis (BPSE Vice-Chairman)
Visiting Professor: Julian Jacobson
- Full-time active students: £400
- EPTA, ESTA and EVTA members: £360
- Observers: £350
How to Apply:
Please send a short biography and video to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment details and travelling directions will be sent to successful applicants.
An Edwardian house with literary and musical connections, just 15 minutes walk from the ancient and historic Cinque Ports town of Rye (ryesussex.co.uk)
- At The Steps and at a nearby hotel
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included in the cost of the Course.
- Pianos: Excellent practicing facilities.
- There is a comprehensive Library offering a wide range of music Urtext editions, analytical books, CDs and also general reading in a variety of different languages.
- Recreation: Should you wish to take a break, we have in the gardens a traditional croquet lawn, badminton and table tennis. There is also nearby a private Club offering The Steps the use of an indoor heated swimming pool and Gym at a cost of £6.00 per session.
Students Concert: 28th July at Winchelsea Church
For the grand finale of the week, there will be a concert at the historic Winchelsea Church, which also hosts celebrated arts festival winchelsea-arts.org.uk and will be followed by a celebratory reception.
On the final Sunday morning, traditional English Brunch will be served prior to your departure.
The nearest main station is Ashford International, which connects to both Europe via the Eurostar and London stations – from Ashford there is a direct link to Rye itself.