|The Beethoven Piano Society of Europe is looking forward enormously to the Anniversary Year of 2020 during which we shall be fully celebrating the 250th Birthday of Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827), for many people still the greatest composer who ever lived.|
Among our plans are:
- “35 Pianists for 35 Sonatas”. Over fourteen concerts in London, starting on February 3 2020, we shall present every one of Beethoven’s Piano Sonatas, including the three teenage “Bonn” Sonatas, played by a magnificent array of pianists. Among those already confirmed are MinJung Baek, James Brawn, Yulia Chaplina, Enrique Graf, Tyler Hay, Dinara Klinton, Ilya Kondratev, Ariel Lanyi, Konstantina Lapshin, Rose McLachlan, Florian Mitrea, Gwendolyn Mok, Asagi Nakata, Mark Viner, Aristo Wong and our Committee members Angela Brownridge, Bobby Chen and Malcolm Miller. I will finish the whole festival with the final Sonata, op 111, in St James Piccadilly on Beethoven’s actual birthday, December 16, followed by a big party!
- A 90th Birthday Celebration Concert for our distinguished former Chairman Dr Malcolm Troup.
- A projected day on the theme of “Beethoven and Contemporary” music which will explore Beethoven’s continuing importance and relevance to contemporary composers. They day will include talks, performances and possible commissions.
- Further lecture-recitals and in-depth discussions throughout the year on the theme of “Get Closer to Beethoven”.
- A bumper issue of our magazine “Arietta”.
In order to promote the events to the widest number of music lovers, we are offering a new level of membership, FRIENDS OF BPSE. Friends will receive:
– Free entry to all BPSE concerts
– Digital/hard copy of the BPSE biannual newsletter
– Half price on “Arietta”
– Regular email updates on all our activities
– One free download of the best performances from our concerts
Friends membership has been set at £15, £20 Joint (any two Friends living at same address), £10 Student, to start on the first of the month following your subscription.
To join as a Friend Member, please submit the form below. You will receive payment instructions from firstname.lastname@example.org within 3—5 working days.