|The Beethoven Piano Society of Europe is looking forward enormously to the Anniversary Year of 2020 during which we shall be fully celebrating the 250th Birthday of Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827), for many people still the greatest composer who ever lived.|
Among our plans are:
- “35 Pianists for 35 Sonatas”. Over fourteen concerts in London, starting on February 3 2020, we shall present every one of Beethoven’s Piano Sonatas, including the three teenage “Bonn” Sonatas, played by a magnificent array of pianists. Confirmed artists include MinJung Baek, James Brawn, Enrique Graf, Tyler Hay, Dinara Klinton, Ilya Kondratev, Ariel Lanyi, Konstantin Lapshin, Rose McLachlan, Florian Mitrea, Gwendolyn Mok, Mark Viner, Aristo Wong and our Committee members Angela Brownridge, Bobby Chen, Julian Jacobson and Malcolm Miller.
- A 90th Birthday Celebration Concert for our distinguished former Chairman Dr Malcolm Troup.
- The five Cello Sonatas, each played by a different cellist. Artists include Alexander Baillie and Oleg Kogan.
- A projected day on the theme of “Beethoven and Contemporary” music which will explore Beethoven’s continuing importance and relevance to contemporary composers. The day will include talks, performances and possible commissions.
- Further lecture-recitals and in-depth discussions throughout the year on the theme of “Get Closer to Beethoven”
- A bumper issue of our magazine “Arietta”.