The Society’s Annual Journal
Arietta, the annual journal of the Beethoven Piano Society of Europe (ISSN 1465 9387), consists of articles, reviews and society news and views, and is available at no extra cost to all members of the society.
The current 20th Anniversary issue, Arietta no. 8, 2014, features:
- Beethoven’s Diabelli Variations: Its Autograph Score, and Moises Kaufman’s 33 Variations –William Kinderman
- Structural Implications of the Double Bars in the Autograph of Beethoven’s Diabelli Variations –Barry Cooper
- The Viennese Forerunners of the ‘Diabelli’ Project –Erica Buurman
- The Origins of Beethoven’s Twenty-Third ‘Diabelli’ Variation, Op.120 –Sian Derry
- View from the Top: High Registral Structure in Beethoven’s Diabelli Variations Op.120 –Malcolm Miller
- Beethoven’s Spiritual Journey: The Sonata in A-Flat Major, Op.110 –Jim MacKay
- Beethoven as Pianista? The Reception of Beethoven’s Piano Music in Italy through the 1860s –Aaron S. Allen
- A Cultural Background to Beethoven’s Scottish Folk Song Arrangements: The Edinburgh Musical Society as Eighteenth-Century Scottish Dignity –Clare Taylor
- 20th Anniversary Celebration – Winners and Juries of all the BPSE Competitions
- Reviews of concerts, recordings, books and music as well as BPSE news and views
- In Memoriam—Bernard Roberts (1933-2013)—BPSE UK President (2000-2013)
Past issues and additional copies of the current issue may be ordered directly from the Editor via our contact page.