This year’s Beethoven Junior Intercollegiate Piano Competition will take place on Sunday, 24 February 2019, 1:20pm at City Literary Institute (City Lit), 1-10 Keeley Street, London, WC2B 4BA.
Dr. Janet Obi-Keller
- A compulsory bagatelle Op.33 No.2 in C major WITH REPEATS
- Any complete Beethoven piano sonata (excluding , Nos.1 & 2 & “Hammerklavier”). As an alternative to a sonata, pianists may perform Variations in F Major C Minor.
- Exposition repeats in first movements in normal sonata form should not be observed.
- Repeats of development and recapitulation, where present, should also be omitted.
- Exposition repeats in other movements in sonata form should be omitted. An exception is the Op.10 No.2 finale, where the first repeat should be observed but not the second.
- The large repeats in the second sections of Op.54 and Op.57 finales should be omitted.
- Normal repeats in second movements, slow movements, minuet/scherzo and trios movements and Variations should be observed.
Prizes include a recital at St Barnabas Millennium Hall, London. Prizewinners will receive a cash prize and a year’s complimentary membership of the Society (until 31st March 2020).