This page contains downloadable materials and updates on BPSE’s journal Arietta. “No. 9: Beethoven 250th Anniversary Special Edition” features articles by Barry Cooper, Julian Jacobson (BPSE Chair), William Kinderman, and Jonathan Del Mar, a previously unpublished lecture by the late Kendall Taylor (MBE, FRCM), and more.
Arietta is available at no extra cost to all members of of the Society.
Current members can access and download their free copy of Arietta 9 Stage 1 by tapping the link below.
Print of this issue will become available at Stage 2. If you are not a member but would like to be notified about the release of BPSE publications, please contact email@example.com.
- Performing Beethoven’s Piano Music in the 21st Century—Barry Cooper
- Große Fuge: From String Quartet to Piano Duet—Julian Jacobson
- ‘Handel’s allegro’ in Beethoven’s Diabelli Variations—Mai Koshikakezawa
- The Conception and Realization of the New Beethoven: Museum in Vienna/Heiligenstadt—William Kinderman
- Experiencing the new Vienna Beethoven Museum in Heiligenstadt—Malcolm Miller
- From Minnelied to Liederkreis: Locating the Middle Ages in Beethoven’s Work—Kelli McQueen
- Beethoven Piano Sonatas: Some thoughts on the new Bärenreiter edition—Jonathan Del Mar
- Beethoven: His Development – General and Spiritual, as reflected in his Piano Music—Notes for a Lecture Recital by Kendall Taylor MBE, FRCM (transcribed by Malcolm Miller)
- A unique recording of the Complete Piano Works of Beethoven—Martino Tirimo in conversation with Malcolm Miller
- Performing the Cycle—Philip Edward Fisher in conversation with Julian Jacobson