Sunday 20 June 2021, 1:30pm-4:30pm
The Carole Nash Hall, Chetham’s School of Music, Long Millgate,
Manchester M3 1SB
Alicja Fiderkiewicz, Jan Loeffler, Julian Jacobson (BPSE Chair)
- A compulsory bagatelle Op.119 no.4 in A major with repeats.
- Any complete Beethoven piano sonata (excluding , Nos.1 & 2 & “Hammerklavier”). As an alternative to a sonata, pianists may perform Variations in F Major C Minor.
- Exposition repeats in first movements in normal sonata form should not be observed.
- Repeats of development and recapitulation, where present, should also be omitted.
- Exposition repeats in other movements in sonata form should be omitted. An exception is the Op.10 No.2 finale, where the first repeat should be observed but not the second.
- The large repeats in the second sections of Op.54 and Op.57 finales should be omitted.
- Normal repeats in second movements, slow movements, minuet/scherzo and trios movements and Variations should be observed.
The First Prizewinner will be invited to take part in the BPSE Competition-winners’ Recitals series. Prizewinners will receive a cash prize and a year’s complimentary membership of the Society (until 31st March 2022).