Sunday 3 April 2022, 1pm–5:30pm
City Literary Institute (City Lit), 1-10 Keeley Street, London, WC2B 4BA
Enrique Graf, Yulia Chaplina, Angela Brownridge (BPSE Committee Member)
To attend as an audience member, book now at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bpse-2022-junior-intercollegiate-piano-competition-tickets-302568439347
or pay by card at the door (cash will not be accepted). Please note: capacity is limited.
General Admissions £10 | Students £5 | BPSE members £5
- A compulsory bagatelle Op.33 no.5 in C major with repeats.
- Any complete Beethoven piano sonata (excluding , Nos.1 & 2 & “Hammerklavier”). As an alternative to a sonata, pianists may perform Variations in F Major C Minor.
- Exposition repeats in first movements in normal sonata form should not be observed.
- Repeats of development and recapitulation, where present, should also be omitted.
- Exposition repeats in other movements in sonata form should be omitted. An exception is the Op.10 No.2 finale, where the first repeat should be observed but not the second.
- The large repeats in the second sections of Op.54 and Op.57 finales should be omitted.
- Normal repeats in second movements, slow movements, minuet/scherzo and trios movements and Variations should be observed.
- Cash Prizes
- A year’s complimentary membership of the Society
- Carola Grindea Audience Prize
- The First Prizewinner will be invited to take part in the BPSE Competition-winners’ Recitals series.