Sunday 27 March 2022, 1pm–5pm
City Literary Institute (City Lit), 1-10 Keeley Street, London, WC2B 4BA
Enrique Graf, Niel Immelman, Angela Brownridge
To attend as an audience member, book now at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bpse-2022-senior-intercollegiate-piano-competition-tickets-299027859377
or pay by card at the door (cash will not be accepted). Please note: capacity is limited.
General Admissions £10 | Students £5 | BPSE members £5
- Bagatelle Op.126 No.6 in E flat major (with repeats)
- Any complete Beethoven piano sonata (excluding Op.49, Nos.1 & 2 & Op.106 ‘Hammerklavier‘). As an alternative to a sonata, pianists may perform Variations and Fugue in E flat Major Op.35, ‘Eroica Variations‘.
- Exposition repeats in first movements in normal sonata form SHOULD NOT be observed, except in Op.78 and Op.79.
- Repeats of development and recapitulation, where present, should also be omitted.
- Exposition repeats in other movements in sonata form should be omitted. An exception is the Op.10 No.2 finale, where the first repeat should be observed but not the second.
- The large repeats in the second sections of Op.54 and Op.57 finales should be omitted.
- Normal repeats in second movements, slow movements, minuet/scherzo and trios movements and Variations should be observed.
- Cash prizes
- A year’s complimentary membership of the Society
- The Beethoven Medal awarded by the Worshipful Company of Musicians
- Carola Grindea Audience Prize
- The First Prizewinner will be invited to take part in the BPSE Competition-winners’ Recitals series.